Life, Justice, and Peace Ministry
St. Dorothy Office of Life, Justice and Peace Ministry focuses on the issues of:
· assisted suicide
· death penalty
· human trafficking
· foster care
· post-abortion healing
· religious freedom
· environmental justice
Departments within the Office of Life Justice and Peace include:
· Caring for the Whole Person
· Catholic Healthcare
· Immigration and Public Affairs
· Assistance for Family of those Incarcerated
· Social Services
· One Life LA
- The Life, Justice and Peace Ministry meets every month. Join us on the last Tuesday of the Month from 6:00PM-7:00PM on the patio by the Anita Doyle Building.
- We have our own Respect Life Holy Hour! Join us in the Perpetual Adoration Chapel every Thursday 6:00PM - 7:00PM.
- If you have questions or want more information, please contact St. Dorothy Office of Life Justice and Peace Ministry.
Sunday, January 22-Requiem for the Unborn Candlelight Masses
Roe v Wade - Jan. 22, 1973 (50 Year Anniversary). Collection of baby items and diapers after each mass.
Sunday, March 26-Annunciation Bake Sale, In Honor of Blessed Mother’s Annunciation.
Proceeds go to the St. Vincent De Paul to help the poor.
Sunday, May 14-Mother’s Day Rose Sale
Sell bouquets after each Mass. Proceeds help mothers in need.
Sunday, June 18-Father’s Day Appreciation
Sunday, July 23-World Day for Grandparents and Elderly Free Breakfast after the 9:30 AM Mass.
October 2nd is Respect Life Sunday
St. Dorothy Life, Justice and Peace Ministry is having a Baby Shower accepting New and Used Baby Items and Donations after all morning Masses. Supporting the Foothill Pregnancy Help Center in Duarte.
IMPORTANT LINKS AND PHONE NUMBERS:
Los Angeles Archdiocese Office of Life, Justice and Peace
One Life LA
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Foothills Pregnancy Resource Center
Pregnancy Help Center of San Gabriel Valley
By Your Side LA
Hurting After Abortion? Pregnant and Need Help?
Rachel's Vineyard Retreat
Healing After Abortion
House of Ruth
Assisting Families Victimized by Domestic Violence
Foster Care/Child protective services for youth in Los Angeles
Glendora (626) 691-170
Maryvale - Los Angeles Orphanage Guild
LA County Suicide Prevention Network
If you or someone you care about is in a crisis, call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Talk with a caring and trained counselor.
Call (800) 273-8255
Do you think someone has been trafficked?
Call 1-888-KEY-2-FREE (24 Hour Hotline)